Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We arrived at Lizbeths ahead of schedule so whilst tea was cooking David took the Blackbird, devoid of luggage for a blast. I turned down the offer of a ride on his "Pan" not because I was "Wuss" but because my ancient body was crying out for a stretch and a seat on something that didn't have to be steered! The accrued mileage was starting to tell! Sue and I tried the Pan for size on the driveway and we both decided it would be an acceptable replacement for the Blackbird, when the time came.

By the time he returned we were on good terms with the chickens and my cramped extremities were just about back to normal. A nice , very welcome meal followed then David set off for home, his pathfinder duties complete. Thanks mate.

Cousin Graham stopped by having spent the day burning cows and a couple of hours at a gypsy funeral! ( I kid you not! ) By the time he was fed and watered we were all thinking of sleep, which for me actually occurred just before my head hit the pillow.

Morning found another biking cousin, Greg , just finished night shift, awaiting us in the sitting room . He had swapped his large capacity sports bikes for more economical transport , ( see photos ) but still had the approval and sticker to prove it , of the Hells Angels MC ..... respect!

We were on the road in continuing good weather just after 10am , the historic town of Wells and the soon to be no more, Pier , at Weston Super mare ahead of us. Then on to Shakespeare country hopefully arriving at my baby bro's house around tea time. ( Appelby Magna Derby )

To be continued:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are some damned attractive chickens.